Monday, May 01, 2006

Training Diary May 2006

May 2006- just over 1 month to go now - and Machu Picchu beckons - I feel fitter, determined, excited, focused but also a little scared - it will be a challenge but a truly amazing experience.

I am focusing now on making sure that I am as fit as I can be.
I've been walking most evenings after work for the past few months and taking longer walks on the weekend. Since April I have been doing day long treks on Saturdays or Sundays (both when possible) and including as much hill and mountain walking as I can. I also now climb and descend 9 flights of stairs in work daily during lunch break.

Long day treks/walks planned this months include:
7th May - Brecon river trail
13th May - Black Mountain trek
14th May - Gower costal trek
20th May -Ystalyfera/Rhiwfawr/Pontardawe/Brynamman
21st May - Race for Life
28th May - Penclawdd to Gower coastal
3rd June - 3 Peaks (South Wales) Mountatin trek
4th June - Local