Monday, February 13, 2006

Update on Training and Fundraising

Hope you like my Blog. A Great Big Thank You goes to Ash of Wired Up Wales for his help in setting it up. Thanks for your support Ash, brilliant as usual.

Well I have just gone public with my plans to take part in Oxfam's Global Challenge and the response has been amazing. Everyone is really surprised but so supportive. Thanks everyone - having your backing means a lot to me. I feel honoured to be part of Oxfam's Inca Trail team for 2006 but also a little nervous. I think its going to be quite tough, climbing at high altitude. I hope I can avoid the altitude sickness. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Just post your comments

Fundraising has started through my online webpage and I have received many generous donations. Thank you all, your donations will make a great difference to many of the worlds poorest communities. I still have a long way to go though to my £2,500 target and will have to keep plugging over the next few months.

I have started training and not doing too badly so far. I've been attending the gym about 3 times a week and walking a few miles every other day or so around the local area with my daughter Rhiannon. I think though that I will have to step up the pace soon and train for longer periods on hills and slopes. I really need to devleop my stamina to make sure I can cope with the hiking up and down steep hills and the steps of the ancient Inca Trail. I will be joining Ysalyfera Walking Club/Clwb Cerdded Ystalyfera soon and taking on more long distance walks. See www.clwb-cerdded-ystalyfera.i12.com