Friday, March 10, 2006

I am taking part in the Inca Trail 2006 in aid of Oxfam

I am so pleased that I have been accepted to take part in Oxfam’s Gobal Challenge in June 2006 to trek the Inca Trail to the lost city of Machu Picchu in Peru.



It will be an amazing experience and an opportunity to raise money to support Oxfam’s excellent work. Treking up and down steep hills over many days, in fluctuating temperatures and at altitudes of over 18,000 feet will be very challenging for me but it is a journey that I am determined to make. I will be developing my fitness and stamina through a programme of regular walking and longer treks over the coming months.



The purpose of the Trek is to raise funds for Oxfam's work to help overcome poverty and to support some of the poorest people and communities in the world. I am aiming to raise at least £2,500 in sponsorship, so I’m asking everyone I know to sponsor me. If you can help in any way at all, it would mean a lot to me. Your donation, no matter how small will make a difference.

Donations can be made online at: https://www.bmycharity.com/V2/rainbowone

Best Wishes

Rhysian